“From the wonderful reception we received when we first arrived in camp to the high quality of conversation that we engaged in with new friends in the Tasimba group and the great ambience of Linkwasha – all made for a wonderful experience.” – Rick Fitzgerald, Montreal, QC
The Tasimba Experience begins and ends at Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. One of the greatest attractions in Africa and one of the most spectacular waterfalls in the world, Victoria Falls is located on the Zambezi River, the fourth largest river in Africa, which defines the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Tasimba is an all-inclusive program. From the moment you join us on Day 1, everything for the next week is included.
The Tasimba Experience includes:
- Flights to and from Linkwasha airstrip (about 50 minutes);
- At Linkwasha, you will enjoy 7 nights accommodation in your own luxury tent, including all meals and refreshments and daily complimentary laundry service;
- Two daily Safari adventures, morning and evening, either in game viewing vehicles or on foot, led by the best-trained professional wildlife guides in Africa;
- A visit to Ngamo village to learn about their culture and customs, and to Ngamo Primary School to engage with the local children;
- The company of our Special Guest who will share his unique expertise and insight to link life in the wilderness with personal and leadership behaviors;
- Inspiring discussions in our daily ‘Indaba’ meetings with visiting experts. We will explore relevant wilderness topics and their implications for us personally and as leaders; topics include Leadership in Nature, Conservation of the wilderness, sustaining the Community, and the importance of Culture;
- First-hand stories, knowledge and experiences drawn from our Founder Hugh Coppen’s lifelong history in Southern Africa that will provide you with unique access to deep insights and perspectives on the region.
- ‘Africa time’ – personal time to reflect, nap, read, write or just sit observing the waterhole from your own private deck or from the comfortable common areas
- The magic of a flickering campfire under an inky black sky dotted with a billion stars, and the conversations and sharing that it inspires;
- Dedicated support from Tasimba’s on-site Operations management
- Farewell dinner on the last night in camp
- All gratuities will be paid by Tasimba to the Guides and camp staff – members are of course free to contribute personally to express their own appreciation
What’s Not Included
- Your air travel from home to Victoria Falls and return;
- Your personal travel before or after the Tasimba program.
For all your travel requirements to and from Africa and while you are there, Tasimba is pleased to recommend Piper & Heath, our Africa travel expert partners. For the widest choice, competitive rates and personal, first-hand knowledge of the whole region, you can trust Piper & Heath. When you book with them, you will be in the hands of genuine experts on travel in Africa! We know – we book with them!