Africa is Waiting for You!
Africa changes you forever, like nowhere on earth. Once you have been there, you will never be the same. But how do you begin to describe its magic to someone who has never felt it? How can you explain the fascination of this vast, dusty continent, whose oldest roads are elephant paths? Could it be because Africa is the place of all our beginnings, the cradle of mankind, where our species first stood upright on the savannahs long time ago?”– Brian Jackman, award winning journalist for the BBC
and Britain’s foremost writer on African wildlife safaris.
You know how, when you carefully plan to do something, it can turn out delightfully differently than you expected? Our trip to Africa in the last couple of weeks was just that serendipitous!
After two long years it was important to us to reconfirm that everything in our Tasimba programs fulfills our purpose of delivering a deeply immersive safari experience. We hadn’t dared to anticipate that literally every aspect of our relaunch trip would exceed our expectations! Most importantly, we found that Africa, Zimbabwe specifically, is ready and waiting to welcome visitors right now.
Let’s start with what you want to know…
- All four of the safari camps where our 2022/23 Tasimba programs will be based, are freshly spruced up and looking fantastic! The staff and guides are so excited to have guests back on safari and they went out of their way, as they always do, to make us feel so special. The meals and overall hospitality were wonderful and the rooms were superbly comfortable. Everywhere we went we were greeted by the famously warm Zimbabwean welcome.
- The wildlife is as spectacular as ever. We saw hundreds of elephants, lions (one with two tiny cubs!), wildebeest, impala, zebra, cheetah, giraffe, hippo, crocodiles, warthogs – and many more! The birdlife viewing too is stunning – and so many species!
- We visited three rural villages and were amazed at the entrepreneurship and ingenuity the local people have created to compensate for the devastated economy in Covid. Zimbabwean resilience at it’s best!
Now here’s what you need to know…
- Most of the population of Victoria Falls, and all of the staff in our camps, have been vaccinated. To their credit, people continue to observe safe Covid protocols. Everywhere you go in public, like hotels, restaurants, shops and even the airport, there is someone at the entrance with an electronic thermometer and hand sanitizer. It all just makes you feel safe and protected.
- International flying itself was a breeze, with Covid protocols evident but not intrusive. More airlines are resuming flying to Southern Africa offering more convenient options to visitors.
- PCR testing, which we hope will soon be replaced by simply showing proof of vaccine status, was easily managed. Our appointments were booked online and tests conducted both in North America and in Africa with results delivered quickly both electronically and in hard copy. When leaving Zimbabwe for your ongoing travel, if PCR testing is still required, it is done on the last day in camp with a very quick turnaround time.
- As we all have experienced, regulations seem to be in almost a constant state of flux but we and our travel partners will stay abreast of the changes as they occur and we’ll keep you updated.
- Travel after this long hiatus was surprisingly easy, even with requirements like masks and testing. Hopefully by the time we travel out in 2022, these additional protocols will be more relaxed.
- Zimbabwe is ready to welcome you!
Every day on this trip we were very busy from early morning to night. We are so pleased that we came to check everything out for ourselves. We are more excited than ever to be returning in just six months on our first Tasimba Explorer safari, and for our Signature Safaris in October 2022 and May 2023.
We absolutely loved being back ‘home’ in Africa
and cannot wait to have you join us in 2022!
Why is it you can never hope to describe the emotion Africa creates? You are lifted. Out of whatever pit, unbound from whatever tie, released from whatever fear. You are lifted and you see it all from above.”– Francesca Marcian
Here’s a video from Tendai Ketayi, of Wilderness Safaris, who has been lead Pro Guide for Tasimba for the last five years. Check out his ‘office’! Beautiful!
Tasimba. Back home. Naturally.
View our stunning safari brochures here
Contact us about our next safari. We’d love to have you join us!
Important note: We work exclusively with Africa’s best eco-tourism company with whom you will be reliably secure in the knowledge that all current and new travel protocols will be always be adhered to. Be assured that we will postpone any trip if it is not safe to travel.