Our Purpose Is Our Passion
Recently I’ve had the great privilege of working with some of the best leadership experts I know. We’ve been developing a model of ‘Leadership for the Future’ for our business clients in North America and Europe.
The model is built on the belief that successful businesses, now and in the future, all have a core Purpose, a clear, concise statement of why they exist. A good Purpose is one that delivers a benefit to society. It aligns values, strategy and culture into everything the business does.
At Tasimba, our purpose is simple. We inspire people’s hearts and minds through deep immersion in the wilderness and nature.
It’s a lofty purpose. But we live it and it drives everything we do on our safaris. We took the best of a lifetime of our own safari experiences as well as those of top safari experts and we created our unique Tasimba product with a passionate commitment to every last detail. And we go into the African wilderness because it is unequaled in the impact it has to inspire us.
Building on purpose
From day one, everything we have ever done in developing the Tasimba safari experience has been in fulfillment of our Purpose. First, we chose to work with Wilderness Safaris, who we’ve known for years to be Africa’s best eco-tourism company. Their purpose is: Our journeys change lives. Our guests testify to that!
Then we searched to identify a world-class, pristine, private wilderness with outstanding wildlife, the best Professional Guides and of course the luxury of superb accommodation, food and service. One area met all our criteria: the intimate camps in Wilderness’ vast private concession in Hwange National Park in Zimbabwe.
In that incomparable location, we fulfill our Purpose by differentiating our Signature safari in several significant ways:
- Our guests stay in camp a full 7 days allowing for a much deeper engagement with nature and wildlife, led by two of Africa’s most highly qualified Pro Guides;
- We take exclusive, sole occupancy of the entire camp for the whole week, adding immeasurably to our guests’ sense of immersion and ‘belonging’;
- The entire safari experience is hugely amplified by the highly qualified local experts we bring in, and the stimulating discussions we engage in every day;
- By sharing their own perspectives of amazing wildlife encounters with each other, our guests develop lasting friendships as members of their very own African ‘Clan’;
- To become totally immersed in the wilderness, we are truly disconnected – there’s no WiFi, no cell signal, no TV, and we seldom see another vehicle all day;
- The entire week is led on site 24/7 by your Tasimba Hosts – we are committed to ensuring that every last detail of the Tasimba experience is meaningful to you and aligned with our Purpose.
Fulfilling our Tasimba purpose is indeed our passion.
We believe that we are succeeding when one of Africa’s top Safari Guides, Garth Thompson, says “Hugh really believes in Africa, being an ex-Zimbabwean, and he’s got incredible passion for wildlife and Zimbabwe. Heather is one of the most organized and nicest people I’ve ever met. They are a great combination and Tasimba is a fantastic safari operation.”
Our next safari is May 2022! Join us and see for yourself!
For 5 years we’ve welcomed Tasimba Guests to my beloved Zimbabwe. Our vast open spaces, incredible game viewing, untouched wilderness and wonderful hospitality in camp is second to none. Seeing how this incredible experience inspires our guests is the fulfillment of their dreams and of my own. We can’t wait to welcome you too!“l walks of life to discover the virtue inherent within them and to bring forth that virtue in their daily lives.– Hugh Coppen, Founder & CEO
Tasimba. Safari with Purpose. Naturally.
View our stunning safari brochures here
Contact us about our next safari. We’d love to have you join us!
Important note: We work exclusively with Africa’s best eco-tourism company with whom you will be reliably secure in the knowledge that all current and new travel protocols will be always be adhered to. Be assured that we will postpone any trip if it is not safe to travel.