Safari – On Purpose!
In my work with CEOs and business leaders, I often ask them “What’s your purpose – why are you in business?” (Spoiler alert: the answer is not “To make money!” Making money is the outcome of doing your business well.) Knowing your purpose and pursuing it with passion are a great recipe for success in any venture.
Every sustainable business has a deeper purpose or a reason to exist. If it doesn’t have one, there’s nothing separating it from any other businesses in the same space. When that happens, all that’s left to compete on is price.
When we set out to create Tasimba, we started with a purpose: To bring people to the African wilderness for a unique and deeply meaningful experience that will inspire the rest of their lives.
It’s a lofty purpose. There are many hundreds of safari options in Africa and we’re not safari operators or travel agents. Professionally we’re in the business of personal growth and helping people to be the best they can be. And we know enough about the African wilderness to know that it is the world’s best teacher on life and on living.
Our purpose is our passion
From day one, everything we have ever done in developing the Tasimba safari experience has been in fulfillment of our purpose. First, we chose to work with Wilderness Safaris, who we knew to be Africa’s best eco-tourism company.
Then we needed to identify a world-class pristine wilderness with outstanding wildlife as well as the luxury of superb accommodation, food, and service. One area met all our criteria: Wilderness’ vast private concession around Linkwasha in Hwange National Park.
In that incomparable location, we fulfill our purpose by differentiating Tasimba from other safaris in several significant ways:
- On most safaris, guests spend just 3 days in one camp before moving on to the next; Tasimba guests stay in camp a full 7 days, allowing for a much deeper engagement with nature, wildlife and Africa’s most highly qualified Pro Guides;
- Typically, there’s a daily inflow and outflow of guests in safari camps; our guests have exclusive, sole occupancy of the entire camp for the whole week;
- Tasimba guests’ entire experience is hugely amplified by the world-class “Keystone Experts” who we bring in to lead thoughtful and stimulating discussions every day;
- By sharing their experiences with the same group of people all week, our guests enjoy bonding as friends and a strong sense of belonging to their very own African ‘Clan’;
- Led by Hugh Coppen whose passion for Zimbabwe and its people is palpable, every last detail of the entire Tasimba experience is meaningful and is aligned with our purpose.
Our purpose is indeed our passion. When one of Africa’s top Safari Guides, Garth Thompson, tells us “You offer an incredible product and I wish you all the success you deserve!”, we start to believe that we are succeeding in fulfilling our original purpose.
Join us and see for yourself!
Give us 7 days and Tasimba will give you a truly meaningful safari experience!
Contact us about our next safari. We’d love to have you join us!