What differentiates Tasimba from other safaris, is how deeply we immerse our guests in a vast private wilderness teeming with wildlife.For 7 days the wonders of nature and the resourcefulness of local culture feed their curiosity and inspire their self-discovery.
As we wrap up 2022, we at Tasimba feel a deep sense of gratitude and humility. We have much to be thankful for.”– Tasimba
- Gratitude for all our guests whom it has been our privilege to host since 2016.
- Gratitude for the ongoing support, partnership and incredible guest experience provided by Wilderness, operator of Africa’s best safari camps;
- Gratitude for the expertise and seamless travel provided by Piper & Heath, Africa travel specialists;
- Gratitude for the amazing guides who inspire our guests with their boundless passion for wildlife and nature.
- Gratitude for the genuine warmth and hospitality of all the staff in the camps.
- Gratitude for the time we get to spend in the African wilderness with creatures big and small.
- And gratitude for the shared joy and exuberance of the children at Ngamo Primary School.
It is with great humility that we read and hear the testimonials and the wonderful things all our guests continue to say about their own Tasimba experiences, whether they were last month or several years ago.
We are humbled by the word of mouth that leads more and more people to contact us to explore their interest in joining a Tasimba safari.
We are honored and humbled too by the encouragement, inspiration, and guidance we continue to receive from experts who have been in the safari business all their lives, and who see Tasimba as a truly unique safari offering unlike any other.
Stronger Than Ever
Our Shona name, Tasimba, means ‘Together we are strong.’ 2022 has truly brought us out of Covid, together, stronger than ever!
Like many, for us it has been a long, but great year of recovery – and of accomplishments like these:
- Our first two safaris since 2019;
- Our first Explorer safari, for repeat guests and first-timers too, visiting two new-to-us Wilderness camps, Davison’s in Hwange and Ruckomechi in Mana Pools;
- Introducing Dr. Moreangels Mbizah, an extraordinary Zimbabwean conservationist with a Ph.D. from Oxford in lion research, as our Keystone Guest speaker;
- Linking each one of our unique daily Indabas (conversations) to a central theme focused on Inspiration, Passion, Purpose and Impact;
- Our return after three years to our original ‘home camp’, the superb Linkwasha in the vast Wilderness private concession in Hwange with its incomparable, prolific wildlife.
Building on this momentum, we’re looking forward to hosting at least three safaris in 2023. While we will always continue to enhance ‘the Tasimba experience’, we will remain committed to our unique purpose:What differentiates Tasimba from other safaris is how deeply we immerse our guests in a vast private wilderness teeming with wildlife. For 7 days the wonders of nature and the resourcefulness of local culture feed their curiosity and inspire their self-discovery.
Go Forward Together
As together we go forward into a new year, may you make ‘regular’ time to let the wilderness around you, wherever you are, soak into your soul; may you find inspiration from the wonders of nature; may you allow time – for a moment – to stand still so that you can be thankful for your many blessings.
Most of all, we are thankful for you, readers of our ‘Where the Ele’s Are’ newsletter, for rewarding us with your continued interest in and support for Tasimba. It means everything to us.
If you want to go fast, go alone.– African Proverb
If you want to go far, go together.”
Tasimba. Stronger Than Ever. Naturally.
Our Next Trip Dates:
Tasimba Explorer Safari: May 2nd to 9th, 2023 (Only 1 double room available)
Tasimba Signature Safari: May 15th to 22nd, 2023 (Sorry, sold out)
Tasimba Signature Safari: October 28th to November 4th, 2023 (Booking now)
NEW! We now offer customized Tasimba Safaris for families, friends and corporate groups.